The IUFRO All-Division 5 (Forest Products) conference is held every 5 years, providing a unique opportunity for scientists across the globe with a wide range of forest-products-related fields to meet “under one roof” and present their research findings and network among their peer professionals for the benefit of forest products research. The conference program addresses all relevant and topical areas of forest products research as well as forest research of benefit to forest products, of significance to different regions of the world, while providing an amicable atmosphere for interaction among scientists. Invited keynote presentations from a selected few internationally recognized industry and academic forestry and forest products professionals form an important part of the technical presentations being prepared.
IUFRO wishes to promote the inclusion of the widest range of scientists at its conferences, including early stage researchers, research students and those who may not have the full financial resources provided by their own organizations. The Scientist Assistance Program (SAP) has limited funds generously donated by USDA, USA for the D5 conference in Vancouver, Canada, to allow a limited number of participants to attend with a full conference fee support only.
SAP Selection Criteria
The following rules shall be applied to short list the SAP applicants:
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants from countries pertaining to the World Bank’s list of low income economies and lower middle income economies fall within the category of “economically disadvantaged countries” (see developing countries)
- applicant who is a IUFRO or IFSA member for at least 3 years and provide proof of current membership status in the application.
- applicants who have been actively involved in IUFRO activities
- applicants with a commendable publication/ research track record since 2013 (please attach CV which include such details)
- Applicant from member Organizations of IUFRO or as an associate member
- Applicants submitting a scientific contribution (paper/poster)
- Applicants working on forest product-related topics
- Preference to be given to applicants who have not received SAP support from previous IUFRO scientific meetings over the past 5 years
- Applicants aged 45 years old or below
- Research students shall provide proof of current enrolment at an institution of higher learning
- The age limit for early stage researchers and research students shall not exceed 35 years old in 2017 at the time of the conference.
How to apply
Please submit your completed application by email in PDF format to:
Incomplete and late applications will be rejected.
The decisions of the Conference Organizing Committee are final.
Deadline for Submissions: March 15, 2017
Announcement of SAP winners: March 31, 2017