The Forest Sector Innovations for a Greener Future 2017 IUFRO Division 5 Conference incorporates an Innovation/Sustainability theme. This will form a unifying basis for the week-long conference and will guide the agenda through a series of plenary sessions that will catalyze discussion on what the future forest products sector might look like.
Each morning will feature 2 keynote presentations; one a research-based talk featuring a prominent academic, the other a more pragmatic, real-world talk featuring a prominent practitioner from industry, government, civil society, or an indigenous community.
Register before March 31, to receive early bird pricing. Register now
View the Program
View the full schedule of sessions and events for the conference.
Site Visit Tours
Take a trip to the Point Grey Peninsula and tour the University of British Columbia. Explore three themes: Innovation, Culture, and Nature.
- Forest Sector Innovation – How can innovative forest sector based environmental and social approaches assure a greener future for our global society?
- Innovations in Forest Products and Services – How will fibre and forests be used in the near- and long-term (focus on bioenergy, biomaterials, biofuels, biochemicals, carbon and non-timber forest products)?
- Innovations in Wood Building and Design – What will the next generation’s needs for shelter and buildings be and how will they be met?
- Innovations in Forest Management, Policy and Markets – Will there be enough biomass and sustainable products to support the growing global population?
- Innovations in Business Models and Management – What will the businesses of forestry look like in the near- and long-term?